Tuesday 19 January 2016

Warriors of Chaos and a Little Nurgling


Richard checking in.

Been up to a bit of converting and modelling. Thought I'd combine two little projects in to one with this post.

First up - my Warriors of Chaos. The intention here was to make each and every warrior unique - every warrior features one or multiple of the following; 
  • Replacement heads
  • Weapon kitbashes (from Putrid Blightkings or Marauders)
  • Drilling (to make corrosion holes for extra Nurglesque features)
  • Extra details - some heads have horns added/removed for extra character.
My favourite warriors by far must be the champion and standard bearer, swiftly followed by the hammer wielding to the right.

For the standard bearer I've used the horns from a PB head and added them to either side of the standard pole.

The champion also features my favourite shield from the PB kit and a befittingly fearsome axe. The extra little feature is his head - which is taken from Otto Glott and shaved down to only feature the middle three horns.

These guys are going to need some extra green stuff where the cloaks join (because the WoC kit is prone to this sort of thing) then they're ready for undercoating.

(Don't ask about the warhound - I've realised I now need to buy 10x 40mm bases for them to look right in my warband!)




Next up is the feature-base for The Glottkin. Occasionally I find myself picking up random rocks and a little idea will pop in my head, so I conjured this up with a spare marauder shield, a Nurgling and some skulls (three of course, to make up Nurgle's insignia).



I got The Glottkin for Christmas from a really good friend of mine - it's a fantastic kit with nice little extra details and features - a favourite of mine being the Nurglings and the fact you have three characters! The only downside to this kit is the amount of join gaps you get - of which you'll see in the background is something I'm attempting to resolve with liquid green stuff.

TEASER - I'm also working on a Chaos Lord which I will share very soon, based on one of the PB torsos. Look forward to keeping you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment