Tuesday 12 January 2016

Nurgle Blightkings Pt. 3

Progress. Not a massive amount, but progress none the less.

If you've read my previous posts you will remember I've been a little up in arms about my choice of colours with this warband. Well last night I took the plunge and re-painted the armour of the Blightlord.

I've gone with a Leadbelcher base, and in this present photo I've smothered the metal in a Reikland Flesh Shade wash and built on it while still wet with Druchii Violet.
This photo was taken while the washes were still wet, so I'm going to give it some highlights/drybrushing and finish with a glaze of Waywatcher Green.

In the first photo you'll see the horns pertruding from his shoulders are much more dull. This is because the second photo was finalised with layer/highlights of Pallid Wych Flesh.




I'm really pleased with how this character has turned out so far! I just need to complete the tentacle tongue and decapitated head and every element of the model is covered. It would then need basing and final details. Now I can carry on with the rest of the regiment with confidence!

Basing is something I'm yet to decide upon, considering going with a dead, plague-ridden forest theme - I'm quite inspired by the End Times and Nurgle Rotbringers photography.

PS - You may also notice all those unpainted chaps in the background - this is my kitbashed WoC regiment. Based on the original WoC box - using the leftover Blightkings bitz, I managed to make it so every warrior is unique. Quite pleased about that.


No comments:

Post a Comment